Our mission is to provide our communities with
relevant and accessible education and training opportunities.
Click here for general information about our hours of operation, policies, and registering for courses.
Meet our Adult Education Team!
Madelyn Litz, Director
Tricia Lafontaine, Administrative Assistant
Elaine Rowe, Program Secretary
Nancy Wilson, Academic Instructor
Donna Morton, Academic Instructor
Rhonda Jacobson, Career Advising and College Transitions
Phoebe Monteith, Academic Instructor
Dan Kimball, Head Custodian
Adult Education in Maine is a statewide system of more than 100 connected learning programs and centers from Kittery to Fort Kent and everywhere in between.
Adult Education programs offer courses in 5 major categories:
- Business & Skills Training courses help prepare Maine citizens by providing the modern skills training necessary for new careers, promotions, and other career advancement.
- College Transitions courses assist people of all ages wishing to make the transition into college-level courses.
- High School Completion courses help people earn their high school diploma or equivalency.
- Literacy courses give people the guidance, support, and training necessary to improve their literacy skills and the literacy skills of their families.
- Personal Enrichment courses include topics such as general enrichment, cooking, fitness and wellness, computers and technology - classes you take for enjoyment or to improve the quality of your life.
In any economy, Adult Education courses are great choices because they are local, affordable, and are designed to fit within your schedule.
Browse our courses today, and email us or call 207-627-4291 if you have any questions or feedback.