Our mission is to provide our communities with
relevant and accessible education and training opportunities.
Meet our Adult Education Team!
Madelyn Litz, Director
Rhonda Jacobson , Career Advising and College Transitions
Tricia Lafontaine, Administrative Assistant
Elaine Rowe, Program Secretary
Phoebe Monteith , Academic Instructor
Donna Morton, Academic Instructor
Kim Peterson, Academic Instructor
Nancy Wilson , Academic Instructor
Adult Education in Maine is a statewide system of more than 70 connected learning programs and centers from Kittery to Fort Kent and everywhere in between.
Adult Education programs offer courses in 5 major categories:
- Business & Skills Training courses help prepare Maine citizens by providing the modern skills training necessary for new careers, promotions, and other career advancement.
- College Transitions courses assist people of all ages wishing to make the transition into college-level courses.
- High School Completion courses help people earn their high school diploma or equivalency.
- Literacy courses give people the guidance, support, and training necessary to improve their literacy skills and the literacy skills of their families.
- Personal Enrichment courses include topics such as general enrichment, cooking, fitness and wellness, computers and technology – classes you take for enjoyment or to improve the quality of your life.
In any economy, Adult Education courses are great choices because they are local, affordable, and are designed to fit within your schedule.
We have moved! Come visit our new space on the Lake Region High School campus! We are in the “White House” behind the Vocational Center.
In compliance with the regulations of the office for Civil Rights and with Equal opportunity practices as determined by the state and federal legislation, Lake Region and Fryeburg Area Adult Education, as a matter of policy, does not knowingly condone discrimination in employment, assignment, program, or services on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or related abilities to perform the duties of the position. Lake Region and Fryeburg Area Adult Education neither endorses nor promotes any particular philosphy, practice or program that individual instructors may introduce.